Pella Lutheran Church
Steeped in history, a visit to the Parish of Pella can feel like a trip to another time.
St John’s Lutheran Church was built in 1911 with local limestone and still operating today. The church houses a magnificently restored pipe organ and a visit to the church to hear the local organists is a must. The manse and primary school both house historical displays of the local area.
Nearby is the heritage listed Stasinowsky Lime Kiln. Built in 1914, it was the source of lime for many of the limestone buildings in the region. Stasinowsky sourced limestone for burning from the local quarry reserve. Stasinowsky and his son Alfred built many houses in the Rainbow area, and in 1909-10 built the Pella Lutheran church and manse from limestone obtained from the quarry.
Pella Mystery House is a small two room dwelling is found 500 metres further into the bush block past Stasinowsky Lime Kiln. Constructed from local limestone, likely built by Stasinowsky, the ‘house’ is another example of the stonework techniques employed in the building of the Church. Little reference is made of this building and its original purpose remains a mystery.
For more information, please contact via phone.